Pamphlet-fold Blank Books


I am teaching Crafts I this semester. So far the kids are loving it. We started by designing a stamp that could be fixed to all of our projects for the year. We completed our second project today. A single section pamphlet fold book. We took a day to sew the binding, then decorated the cover using xylene toner transfer. The kids were very successful with their first attempts at both processes. I also made a cover, but have not sewn my book together yet. Mine is the little VW Hebmüler. I think it will get some colored pencil or acrylic additions. The blue covered book is also mine, and served as the example for what the finished project should look like. Tomorrow we will begin a Japanese stab binding. We will have very simple covers and only a few pages for our first binding.

Advertisements

About Mr. Miller

I teach Visual Arts in La Junta, Colorado. I am also an artist and printmaker. But more importantly, I am a husband and father to a beautiful and inspiring family.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s